Monday 25 January 2016

My 38 Favorite Dressers In The World (And Where To Buy Them)

Emily Henderson + Curbly_bedroom05

Happy "Best Dresser Round-Up" day. I've been on the dresser hunt for our guest suite, and while shopping have pinned the hell out of the internet – in all price ranges (many under $500). I think I'm officially the age where I like to put clothes away even when I travel, instead of keeping them shoved/wrinkled in the suitcase. So I want to give my guests the same courtesy. The guest suite sneak peek is coming soon (although if you follow me on Snapchat and Periscope I've been doing progress tours – I'm emilyhendersonsnap).


Meanwhile if you are in the market for a new dresser, here are 38 of my favorites currently on the market.


Emily_Henderson_Dressers_Under_500

1. Oppland Dresser Black | 2. White Pepe Double Dresser | 3. Heywood Wakefield Chest Of Drawers | 4. South Shore 5 Drawer Dresser | 5. 2 Drawer Dresser | 6. Astor 5 Drawer Dresser | 7. Askvoll Dresser | 8. Bilbao Dresser | 9. Central Low Dresser | 10. Jantar 3-Drawer Dresser | 11. Oppland Dresser | 12. Mid Century Modern Dresser | 13. Malm Dresser | 14. Stockholm Dresser


Dressers are expensive because they take a lot of labor and materials to produce a high quality piece. These above are affordable, and many of them come in a few different versions (either color or shape – horizontal/vertical) so click though to the links to see pricing and options.


Now, I will say this: I've bought cheap dressers before, and generally if they are in high use areas they aren't likely to last, especially if you are the kind of person who shoves WAY too many clothes in each, like I am. But for a guest room, extra storage, or if you are gentler with your things that I am than, those above are great options. My favorites are #11 and #12. So simple, and I've seen the finish of both of them in person, and they are great (#11 comes as nightstands, too and in black).


Emily_Henderson_Dressers_Under_1500

1. Modway 3 Drawer Chest | 2. 6 Drawer Dresser | 3. Mid-Century 6-Drawer Dresser | 4. Edward Wormley Mid-Century Dresser | 5. Harper 6-Drawer Dresser | 6. Sloane 6-Drawer Dresser | 7. Nina Raffia Double Dresser | 8. Mid-Century 4-Drawer Dresser


I'd say a typical range of a new good quality dresser is between $800 – $1500, which is a lot of money, and I don't think even I've personally ever spent that because I've always bought vintage. BUT, if you are buying new, that is a safe and doable range to get a piece that you should be able to use forever. I really love all of those up there for different reasons. We might be getting #5 for a room soon – I love it's gustavian lines. And that black one (#1) could be great in a living room, too.


Here, below, we get into my dream dressers. These guys are for those of you looking to splurge on a handcrafted, long lasting quality piece.


Emily_Henderson_Dressers_Over_1500

1. Mid-Century Cubist Style Dresser | 2. Urbandgreen Mid-Century Modern 6 Drawer Dresser | 3. Garen Dresser | 4. St. James 7-Drawer Dresser | 5. Grove Dresser | 6. Caravan Dresser | 7. Simple Dresser | 8. Hudson Dresser | 9. Exeter Dresser | 10. Whitney Dresser | 11. Reclaimed Russian Oak Dresser | 12. Prescott 6-Drawer Dresser | 13. Slate Dresser | 14. Blake Raffia Dresser | 15. Meade 4-Drawer Dresser With Concrete Top | 16. Omar Dresser


Right now my dream dresser is #7. I want that dresser so bad, but I've got a bathroom to renovate, and I'm in the process of refacing the entire exterior of our house (GEEZ), so I'm not spending $5k on a dresser, and maybe never will. But that thing is just so beautiful (made in L.A. by real artisans). The finish is perfect, and the brass accent is just enough to keep me happy. I also really love #2 for me, and when I get a more traditional home I would easily splurge on #13.


After playing musical dressers every Saturday, a game that Brian looks forward to with the giddiness of a toddler with the promise of a processed food snack (OPPOSITE), I've actually figured out to just buy a changing table, and then put the dresser that was in Birdie's room in our room. Then Brian and I switched dressers, and I took the tall white one in our room and he took Birdie's (which was the teal one that was in the dining room, then the living room, that we THEN had lacquered white). THEN we moved our vintage Heywood Wakefield dresser that was originally in Birdie's room, then our room (when our last dresser was given to Sara), into the guest suite which I think looks really good (for now). The only real question left to answer is: Is "dresser indecision" an actual problem in America, or just at least grounds for divorce our house? Poor Brian . . .


So which one is your favorite? And I'm curious what is the most expensive dresser you've ever bought? Is $1200 a price that people are comfortable paying for a quality piece or is that steep no matter what the quality?


The post My 38 Favorite Dressers In The World (And Where To Buy Them) appeared first on Emily Henderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment