Monday 18 January 2016

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

BRAND_BIO_BIO_Martin-Luther-King-Jr-Mini-Biography_0_172243_SF_HD_768x432-16x9

As much as I like talking about eye shadow and credenzas we can't exactly let this day go past without an acknowledgment and remembrance of this great, great, great man. I had a whole political post written and then I was like – just keep it short and to the point, because its all quite simple, isn't it?

Black Lives Matter. I think we can all agree on that. I'm hopeful for the future despite the bummer of a year it was in many ways, racially. This man, this man was amazing and so full of love and I will be teaching his teachings to our kids, year round. As he once said "I have decided to stick with Love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day. xx

The post Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day appeared first on Emily Henderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment