Wednesday 23 December 2015

Our Most Popular Posts of 2015

Emily_Henderson_Popular_Posts_2015

Well folks, the end of the year has come and gone as have many, many blog posts. Some that we care to look back on with pride and others that we will just choose to ignore for now  – that’s the good thing about posting every day and not being too precious about it. Some work and some don’t. We thought it might be fun to take a quick walk down 2015’s memory lane and revisit our most popular postsWithout any further ado we present to you the top 5 most popular posts of the last year (according to which had the most traffic and visits from readers).,. and head down below to find out what OUR favorite 5 posts were.

1. Design Mistake: The Generic Sofa

Best Sofas under $600_budget sofa_modern_midcentury_affordable_roundup_emily henderson

I couldn’t believe how popular this post was – hundreds of thousands of views and shares. This was the kickoff to our design mistakes series which is going strong in 2016, too.

2. Design Mistake: Painting A Small Room White

painting a small room white_bad_1 painting a small room white_good GREAT_Neutrals_For_A_Small_Or_Dark_Space_04

Another ‘Design Mistake’ that garnered a ton of attention.

3. My 10 Go To Paint Colors 

Favourite Neutral Paints

I want to do more of these because I know how difficult it is to choose a color and I’ve done so many projects that I have a wealth of colors that I love and don’t love in my brain. Stay tuned for more of these.

Curbly Living Room

4.  Design Mistake: The Too Small Rug

Rugs_too small_examples_1_with copy Rugs_right size_2

America finally learned how bad, exactly, they are messing up on their rug size.

5. Design Mistake: Hanging Curtains All-Wrong

Emily Henderson_Design Mistakes_Curtains Rod Too Low Emily Henderson_Design Mistakes_Curtains not long enough Print

‘The Float’, ‘The Kiss’, ‘The Puddle’. With a roundup of my favorite inexpensive curtains.

Emily Henderson_Best Curtain Panels Under 50_Roundup

Those five are the most popular posts, the ones that got the most traffic and views, but they aren’t necessarily my favorite posts. These five are the posts that I’m the most proud of.

Weekend Crashers: Mid-Century Eclectic Artist

BLUE-LIVING-ROOM before & after living room FIREPLACE GREY SOFA

I loved that makeover very much.

Weekend Crashers: Nicolette Mason’s New Home

Bright_Regency_Green_Pink_Hollywood_Living_Room Regency_Hollywood_Mid_Century_Lamp How_to_Style_a_TV_Emily_Henderson Emily_Henderson_Pink_Dining_Room_Girly_Gold

We got to play in a kookier style for a project and man, that was fun.

San Fernando Valley Mission Makeover: Playroom

DAVID TSAY PHOTOGRAPHY © 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED NO REPRODUCTION WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT Family_Room_Progress DAVID TSAY PHOTOGRAPHY © 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED NO REPRODUCTION WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT DAVID TSAY PHOTOGRAPHY © 2015 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED NO REPRODUCTION WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT

A project that I will never tire of thinking about.

Good Housekeeping Feature

Unknown subject Good_Housekeeping_Emily_Living_Room Good_Housekeeping_Emily_Livingroom Good_Housekeeping_Emily_Kitchen Good_Housekeeping_Emily_Playroom

The time that I took all the color out of my house. Ish.

Ban.do Party House Makeover

Emily_Henderson_Refinery_29_Bando_Pink_Front_Door Bando_LA_Office Emily_Henderson_Refinery_29_We_Are_Serious_About_Fun Plexi_Glass_Bulletin_Board

The most insane reveal/project to date.

So those are my five favorite projects and corresponding posts of the year. It was a good year, indeed. Am I missing any that you guys loved?

I’m off til the 4th for some much-needed family time. The blog will be shut down, which is often when I come up with new ideas for series. We are going to blow up the blog next year – more content, more contributors, same amount of personal posts but just more design posts. So let me know any requests you have so we can start brainstorming, conceptualizing and scheduling. I’m very excited.

Happy Holidays, friends. Thank you for such a good year. xxxx

The post Our Most Popular Posts of 2015 appeared first on Emily Henderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment