Friday 17 June 2016

USA FRAMED PLANK

Hey there! Amy here from The Happy Scraps today. I'm sharing this USA Plank Sign with you. Aren't the new plank signs at The Wood Connection so fun?! I love them! When I saw this 14″ x 24″ Framed Plank Sign and the USA Map Door Hang, I thought they'd go great together. Today, I'm going to show you how I put this USA Plank Sign together. It makes a great statement piece for the 4th of July or you could keep it up all year long.


wc-usa-plank-sign


Supplies:



wc-supplies


I taped of the center section of the framed plank and stained it.


wc-stain


While the stain was drying, I painted the USA Map Door Hang white.


wc-paint-usa


And painted the cute little heart with rooster red.


wc-paint-heart


Once my stain was dry, I taped off the outer frame, and painted it white.


wc-paint-frame


Once all my paint was dry, it was time to glue everything together. I glue my heart onto the map, about where Utah is, then glued the USA to the Framed Plank.


wc-heart


I decided after I had it all put together, that it would look good to have the edges of the USA distressed slightly, so I sanded them. This would be easier to do, before it's glued to the plank, but it is possible.


wc-us-distressing


Isn't that little heart so cute. It adds just the right touch to the sign as well.


wc-heart3


Now are you ready to grab the supplies and make your own? This really was an easy project, and pretty quick too.


wc-plank-sign


It goes so well with my other 4th of July decor as well.


wc-4th-of-july-decor


I hope you'll come on over to The Happy Scraps and see what other fun projects I've got there. Thank you to The Wood Connection for having me on their site today. I always love sharing fun projects here.


 


The post USA FRAMED PLANK appeared first on The Wood Connection Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment